1:68 Autism Decal Class Spring 2019 Semester


Last Day

5/1/19" Last day of the Autism DeCal Class that I teach at UC Berkeley for this semester.

Autism DeCal Class

The Instructors - Hari, Lily, Jordan, Maria

Midterm Presentations

3/13/19:  Listening to Student Presentations for the Midterm Paper in my 1:68 Autism DeCal Class. 
Pretty good!!!


Have already read a bunch of the papers and will upload grades and comments as soon as my midterms are done next Wed!!


Planning a DeCal is a lot of Work


1/30/19 The DeCal team has been meeting and planning our lectures for some time now. I was able to suggest a few topics too.

We have a number of guest speakers lined up for this semester. Lots of emails to sent and dates to be coordinated.

I think this is going to be a most interesting experience for both the students and me.




Teaching a DeCal at UC Berkeley

An amazing opportunity this semester.

I'm going to teach a 1-unit class (called DeCal) at UC Berkeley along with 3 other neurotypical students. The class is 1:68 Autism Spectrum Disorder.

Class roster is full - 25 students. Plus more students on the waitlist!!!

I was so thrilled to see the word "Instructor" on the Cal Central website. I think I will be the first non-speaking autistic instructor at Berkeley.

I feel both humbled and honored.

No comments:

Post a Comment