Loneliness

Factoring in disability, tends to, I think, further intensift that loneliness because as a disabled person you already were existing on the fringe socially to begin with. 

Good insight from Nikka 

Image Description: Blue background with text that reads: So many [grad students] feel lonely at different times and in different ways. You’re making such a big leap from undergrad where everyone is basically in rhythm with one another, to graduate school where everyone is out of sync and working solo. It's a Lot!




Responses

Leading me to think anew about how to foster collaboration in graduate school. Everything after higher education requires teamwork, why don't we teach and learn with greater intention this way?


This is so true. I saw my cohort in person for orientation and then I pretty much never saw them again. This was largely because I was living and working in another city and attending classes virtually. There just wasn't the same sense of shared space & time that college provided




No comments:

Post a Comment