Making Decisions




'
On Making Decisions about what path to take


Thoughts to mull over!!

One is something that the abolitionist, Frederick Douglass had said about education and knowledge being the key to freedom. This had struck a deep chord when I first heard it. I felt I had to go to college, not just because I loved knowledge and learning, but a college degree would also give me better access to a seat at the table. The table, that is apparently making decisions about me and my fellow autistics.

The second is a line from Robert Frost’s, Two Tramps in Mud Time. “My object in living is to unite my avocation and my vocation.” I too, truly believe that you will be happiest, if your work aligns with what you are passionate about. 

The third is that many people often end up doing something totally different than what they studied in college or imagined they would be doing. And that’s totally ok. You can act only based on your current information, you zig zag a bit, maybe loop a little too. I’ve started off with a Psych major here at UC Berkeley, but who knows what I will end up doing many years later.

-Hari Srinivasan @ ASAN - Transitions to Adulthood







 

No comments:

Post a Comment