Two Years at Daily Cal

OMG, its been 2 years at the Daily Cal. I started off with a Weekly Column on Autism "The Person Inside." My first column appeared on 2/15
----
Introducing the Daily Cal Opinion Columnists - In this introductory video by the Daily Californian, the other opinion columnists and I explain what our columns are about. My introduction starts at 3:19
---
1. Communication ConundrumI speak on the importance of communication and presuming competence
2. Non-Verbal & College BoundI ask what does it take for a non-speaking autistic like me to access higher education. 
3. Sensory WalkaboutI attempt to explain the experiences of sensory dysregulation and "stimming" in autism. 
4. The Women in my LifeA tribute to the women in my life who gave that extra helping hand. 
5. First TransitionsI explain the rigidity and difficulty with transitions that can be characteristics of autism
6. Stephen Hawking: Inspiration and Aspiration - Along with the world, I mourned the passing of Dr. Stephen Hawking. A tribute and how he influenced my life. 
7. The Access Ramp to Volunteering - Lives whether abled or (dis)abled have to be worth living. The importance of volunteering vs just being the recipient of volunteering. 
8. Compulsion Complexity - I explain the phenomenon of obsessive-compulsive and repetitive behaviors that can often accompany autism. 
9. O Body, Where Art Thou? - The lack of Body Awareness is a little known phenomenon in autism. I attempt to explain the neuroscience. 
10. The Faces of Autism - If you meet one person with autism, you have met just one person with autism. The same diagnosis can have a thousand faces. 


No comments:

Post a Comment