Back at Wheeler Auditorium

My very first class at UC Berkeley was in Wheeler Auditorium. I remember sitting there in a sea of thousand students for Prof David Presti's "Drugs and the Brain"

My Mon/Wed class is in Wheeler Auditorium again this semester. 

Wheeler Auditorium was built in 1917 and is the site of the only Nobel Ceremony held outside of Stockholm. The 1940 Nobel Prize in Physics was awarded to Prof Ernest Lawrence at Berkeley instead of Sweden. No one wanted him crossing the Atlantic and potentially getting captured by the Nazis during WWII.  

I am in such awe of this classroom and love having a class here again.

The other cool thing about a large classroom is that it also means more ambient noise which pretty much drowns out any stim sounds I make. Yeah!!





No comments:

Post a Comment